Our original fill-me-in text of the DTrace about page simply read:
DTrace is a magician that conjures up rainbows, ponies and unicorns — and does it all entirely safely and in production!
This inspired the creation of the DTrace ponycorn (both pony and unicorn!):
Aw, so cute.
Pony created by General Zoi’s awesome pony creator.
Click the following for a larger version:
Answers to frequent questions:
- The DTrace pony is x-raying turtle-slow software (at least, that’s what we think it depicts!)
- There is no official DTrace mascot. You can use this instead
- You can see the DTrace pony in action in the 1st DTrace Pony commercial!
- No, we didn’t know about the “bronie” phenomenon beforehand
- The DTrace pony does not have a “cutie mark” … nor do we know what “cutie mark” means
- If you want it to have a cutie mark, you can send us a suggestion. But don’t just copy Trixie, Princess Celestia, Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie.
- … we don’t know what any of that means either. (we should ask the stars of the ad.)
- Bryan prefers the x-ray pony (aka DTrace Laser Pony) over the cute pony
- If you want mugs and T-shirts, including children sizes, they can be purchased from cafepress.